Digital and online journalism lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire Andy Dickinson yesterday blogged about how journalists can use Slideshare and Windows Movie Maker to produce audio slideshows. Dickinson outlines, for example, how to combine a presentation file with an audio file (via platforms like AudioBoo or SoundCloud) to produce an audio slideshow in Slideshare.
On this topic, Journalism.co.uk’s latest tool of the week was Story Wheel, which enables users to create audio slideshows.
Also, our podcast last week, which looked at visual storytelling, included some pointers on producing audio slideshows from Peter Sale, a multimedia producer at the Guardian, where he said they tend to use SoundSlides or in some cases Final Cut Pro.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.Tags: Andy Dickinson, Audio, audio slideshows, journalism tips
- Tool of the week for journalists: Story Wheel, for easy audio slideshows
- App of the week for journalists – Showcase, for creating audio slideshows
- App of the week for journalists – Voddio, for slideshows and video
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – audio and photo slideshow inspiration
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – creating slideshows