The recent Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) Issue Brief on data journalism and visualisation brought speakers and delegates together to discuss how to present complex information through visualisations or analyse data sets more easily.
The session was hosted by David Ottewell, head of data journalism at Trinity Mirror Regionals, and Andy Kirk, founder of Visualising Data, who shared their thoughts and experiences on “sourcing, analysing and presenting data-driven stories”, and SIIA programme director Carolyn Morgan helpfully wrote the session up for others to learn from.
Tags: advice, Data journalism, Journalism, tips, visualisation
- #Tip: Visit VisualisingData.com for lists of tools to use
- GMG sells regional media business to Trinity Mirror for £44.8m
- New appointment: Ayers is made regional web publishing director at Trinity Mirror Regionals
- Daily Mirror publisher faces ‘three to four’ phone-hacking cases, says lawyer
- David Higgerson: ‘The dangers of data talk’