FT.com reports that App stores are coming to the television: “as developers and content providers move their software and services to the big screens of internet-connected TVs”. Full story at this link…
Yes, it’s that time again, the season of favourites lists, bests of, highlights of 2007, and rough guesses of what may happen in the coming 12 months.
I’ve brought together the few lists I have managed to find in between crazed bouts of gorging my way through East Sussex’s entire supply of mince pies and crapulent afternoons spent selecting the wine for the Christmas party (finally decided on Blue Nun – half bottles).
For what it’s worth, my predictions for the next 12 months are a pocket-sized Second Life for the Asian market, Google car insurance and marriage counselling by April and some kind of Granny app for Facebook so you can check on the vital signs of elderly relatives.
- Best journalism film of all time, bar none – cue ‘no, this is better,’….’no, this one,’
- Regret the Year. Twelve-months of comical mistakes brought to you by Regret the Error
- Yahoo!’s list of the year – favourite sites and causes on the web in 2007
- US news source of the year – by top ranking stories on Google News
- Top ten search terms of the year
- The Jeff Jarvis list of stuff from 2007
- Internet TV, 2007, a year in review
- Guardian predictions for 2008
- Press Gazette twitters from journalists about what they learned from 2007
- Shane Richmond’s review of the year in webby tech, month by month