The House of Commons media and culture select committe has proposed the creation of a Council For Child Internet Safety to monitor user-generated content sites for offensive material.
The self-regulation by users of sites such as YouTube is not sufficient according to the committee.Tags: Council For Child Internet Safety, House of Commons, Politics, YouTube
- TimesOnline: CMS select committee report to call for ‘radical shake-up’ of PCC
- Murdoch humble, but saved the spectacle of being forced to eat pie…
- Media Release: UK government launches local media inquiry
- BayTSP pilots copyright tracking technology on user-generated content sites
- Nuts launches social networking channel – MyNuts