University of York student newspaper Nouse has been nominated for Best Student Media in the NUS Awards for the fourth year running.
Nouse was a runner up in 2008, won the award in 2009, and then missed out to fellow York student publication the Lemon Press last year.
In 2006, the newspaper was nominated for Best Student Newspaper at the Guardian Student Media Awards, an award it won the year before, and the National Student Journalism Awards.
The other two nominees for this year’s award are 2009 finalist Forge Press, University of Sheffield, and the National and London Student Journalism Support Networks – University of London (submitted by Queen Mary Students’ Union).
Forge Press editor Matthew Burgess is nominated for the the Student Journalist of the Year prize, alongside Simon Murphy, news editor of Newcastle University’s the Courier, and Nick Stylianou, media and communications officer at Royal Holloway and former editor of university publication the Orbital.
- Newspaper Awards winners – Timesonline.co.uk named eNews Site of the Year
- MediaGuardian: London students dominate the Guardian Student Media Awards
- Guardian Student Media Awards 2011: shortlist announced
- #followjourn: @heidiblake – news reporter
- Property Week journalist takes top prize at PTC New Talent Awards