A curious strategy by Johnston Press’ chief executive John Fry, who has reportedly written to the BBC Trust asking the body to limit the number of news stories the BBC’s website publishes online to three per city or region.
The BBC’s coverage could thwart JP’s plans to launch more paid-for digital services. No mention of its failed paywall pilots though…
- Media Guardian: Regional news consortia will miss election contract deadline
- Media Release: Tyne Tees and Borders picked for regional news consortia pilots
- Techdirt: The problem of reporting on your own paywall
- ‘Bloggable’ follows ‘paywall’ and ‘tweetup’ into OED
- BBC’s plan for mobile news apps heavily criticised