Alastair Bruce (@ajbruce), content manager for MSN UK, has studied over 30 organisations to produce this detailed presentation on pay wall and subscription models. He examines bundling, micropayments, metered systems, freemium and 100 per cent subscription models, across consumer/specialist titles and national/local newspapers. Who is doing what, and what comes next?
How publishers are charging for online content or consumption and implementing paywalls and subscription services
- #paywalls12 – Looking outside: five paid-content lessons from Denmark, Slovakia and Slovenia
- paidContent.org: How are newspaper sites that charge faring?
- Pay walls for news will produce ‘more corpses than successes’, says report
- Independent: Ten years of FT’s metered pay model
- Will the Shropshire and Wolverhampton walls pay?