The Independent has tried its hand at an interactive map plotting the challenges currently being faced, and those looming in the future, by the newspaper industry:
(Apologies if some of the argument bubbles are out of the frame – just drag on the arrows to bring them into view)
Good summary of the key issues using DebateGraph – the map draws on arguments from Jeff Jarvis, Roy Greenslade and Gavin O’Reilly amongst others. Some links to some prominent reports/blog posts/comment pieces expressing these arguments would be a great addition.
You can rate the arguments made and add new points after registering. As users rank ideas, the strongest and weakest arguments will be shown by the size of the arrows connecting them.
- MediaGuardian: BBC faces inquiry calls after BNP comments on Radio 1 Newsbeat
- Mapping: BBC reports live event with map tools; WaPo plots Travis Fox
- Business Insider lets readers ’embed’ posts
- The Australian: The Punch – an opinion site for a mainstream audience
- Gawker to pay bloggers based on page views they generate