“Furlough House Swap? Sounds like a new reality show. But it’s the brainchild of two Gannett employees who are among thousands in the company facing two furloughs so far this year,” reports the Editor & Publisher.
Furloughhouseswap.com has been launched by two Gannett employees. The idea is that employees on enforced unpaid holidays, or furloghs (or ‘furcation’) can swap houses for the week.
The Twitter tag is #furloughhouseswap.
- WSJ.com: Gannett community newspaper employees told to take unpaid week off
- DesMoinesRegister.com: Gannett to make all employees take one week’s leave without pay
- Huffington Post: Gannett execs net nearly $2 million in bonuses
- Newsquest ad revenue drops almost 8% but digital revenue is on the rise
- Gannett Blog: ‘Why I’m shutting down this blog’