“UK MPs are being urged by the union to give journalists a chance to report more responsibly by refusing unethical instructions from editors without losing their jobs,” the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) has announced on its site.
“The NUJ has been trying to persuade the Press Complaints Commission to adopt a ‘conscience clause’ in journalists’ contracts, to allow them to decline to undertake work they consider in breach of the union’s Code of Conduct,” a statement on the NUJ site says. Full release…
- NUJ Release – New Statesman doesn’t recognise union
- NUJ members at Newsquest submit claim for 5 to 8% pay rise
- NUJ Release: Union criticises BBC for allowing BNP on Question Time
- NUJ Release: Guardian must consult NUJ over pay freeze
- Early Day Motion support for New Statesman negotiations not really needed