In response to a blog post by Kevin Sablan that suggested male journalists were three times more followed than their female counterparts (in the sample of 37 news organisations he looked at), a hashtag movement built up: ‘#followwomenjournas’, with suggestions for the best female journalists to follow.
Wired Journalist’s Ryan Sholin has gathered some in this post, and suggests that users of the link journalism application Publish2 use the ‘followwomenjournas’ tag when they save a related link, tweet, or video, to show up in the post’s stream.
Tags: #followwomenjournas, kevin sablan, Ryan Sholin, wired journalists
- Publishing 2.0: Swine flu coverage online – and how to filter information
- BeatBlogging.org: Wired Journalists creator on how to get to grips with Ning
- Win a job in journalism! Yes, really. A whole real job up for grabs…
- Qik could soon be live-streaming from iPhone
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – live streaming on Facebook