Local news and community website for Washington DC TBD.com and its sister site WJLA.com are planning to relaunch next week, following the downsizing of TBD.com in February.
In a post on TBD.com outlining the changes, it is said the new WJLA.com will offer stories from regional crime, weather and transportation reports and in-depth looks at health and medicine to features on big national and international stories.
TBD.com on the other hand will look through information from news sources across the area and offer them up alongside original reporting “on the area’s arts and entertainment scene, news, crime, sex and gender, groceries and transportation”.
Earlier this year Journalism.co.uk reported that TBD.com was shedding most of its staff after just six months and would stop most of its general news and sports coverage.
Tags: local news, Online Journalism, TBD.com, Washington, WJLA.com
- Are the new police crime maps any use for UK journalists? Some doubts raised
- paidContent:UK: Planned redundancies at Metro
- Hysterical woman – also a Spanish government minister – ruins AP copy
- The Register: Advanced copy of new terror guidelines on photography
- Tool of the week for journalists: Google Follow Your World