Before leaving WalesOnline to edit the Daily Post in North Wales last month, Alison Gow blogged about how the “limitations” of their current CMS inspired a workaround with digital journalist Gareth Rogers coming up with the idea of using Pinterest to showcase photos.
It may seem like a small thing, but when you’ve got images that the reader would want to see in more detail (or an infographic, for example) it can be somewhat restrictive.Anyway, Gareth came up with a clever workaround (necessity really is the mother of invention) to show off a series of fashion photos from the Aintree race meet – he pinned the images to our Piinterest news board, and then embedded them back on the site. Now, when you click on the image, it opens, large-scale, in a new tab.
Tipster: Sarah Marshall
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
Tags: Alison Gow, journalism tips, Pinterest, wales online
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to get more pins on Pinterest
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 10 social media tips for bloggers
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Note the new way to embed a tweet
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – ‘unmute’ your Pinterest boards by adding SoundCloud audio
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – create a Pinterest board to thank pinners