News outlets are often looking at new and interesting ways to use video to tell stories online, and live video offers news sites a great opportunity to offer audiences different live experiences of the news agenda, from as-it-happens coverage at the heart of the story, to live video discussions in a news studio environment.
In this week’s podcast we look at some of the different ways news outlets – including the Telegraph, Wall Street Journal and Huffington Post – use live video on digital platforms and some of the benefits they enjoy as a result.
In order of appearance, the podcast hears from:
- Jonas Vig, co-founder and chief executive, Bambuser
- Nick Martin, news correspondent, Sky News
- James Weeks, head of video, Telegraph Media Group
- Sue Brooks, director of transformation, Associated Press
- Andy Regal, executive producer, Wall Street Journal Digital Video Network
- Roy Sekoff, president/co-creator, HuffPost Live
, live video