If your news outlet is thinking about ways to tailor its search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy for mobile, this post on Search Engine Watch on six top tips for producing successful SEO for mobile is a good place to start. The content is geared towards the retail sector, but the lessons are still valid for others to consider.
If you want to look into the subject in more depth it’s also worth taking a look at this post by mobile marketing experts mobiThinking‘s on the best mobile SEO practices to drive traffic to your mobile site. It gives special focus to considering how mobile SEO is different, before giving tips on making it local, social and fast.
If you’re more of a visual learner there’s also a handy video from Hubshout on how to conquer mobile SEO.Tags: Journalism, Mobile, mobile marketing, seo, Traffic
- #Tip: See these stats on news site traffic from social media
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – SEO tips for bloggers
- Late Night Marketing: How one newspaper lost 5,000 incoming links
- OJR: Using Google Trends to fine-tune your news website
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – top ten SEO tips for start-ups