Brian Moritz spent ten years as a news reporter before beginning a PhD focussing on the evolution of journalists’ routines at Syracuse University. As this article from the Knight Foundation-affiliated MediaShift Idea Lab explains, he spent the last semester flying drones, building virtual reality environments and using 3D printers.
“The future is here,” he says, and details four key lessons for journalism students to take from living life at the cutting edge of technology.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
Tags: advice, brian moritz, digital, Journalism, syracuse university, technology, tips
- Adobe Edge promises animations viewable on Apple devices
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – top training courses for journalists
- #Podcast: How news outlets are bringing content ‘to life’ with augmented reality
- OJR: Lessons learnt from time at the LA Times data desk
- PDA: What journalists can do with augmented reality