Google has bought start-up Jambool and with it Jambool’s online social payment service ‘Social Gold’, which allows developers to build payments directly into games and apps.
According to recent reports across media sites, including paidContent, the Shaping the Future of the Newspaper blog and TechCrunch, the platform, which enables companies to manage their own virtual currencies, will form part of “the backbone” of Google’s plans to harness the power of social media.
Tags: google, Jambool, paid content models, paidContent, SFN.com blog, Social Gold, social media, Tech Crunch, virtual currency
- TechCrunch editor on AOL, its new ‘sugar daddy’ parent
- French newspapers in cahoots over pay system to rival Google
- TigerLogic launches personalised Facebook newspaper PostPost
- #ftmedia12: BBC’s director of future media on plans for ‘connected studio’
- Online news network VillageSoup in print expansion