Industry experts share their predictions for digital journalism in 2013.
They discuss expectation of the types of devices that will be used to access news sites, ideas on sustainability, key social networks and platforms for newsgathering, engagement strategies – and the kind of people we might find in the newsroom of 2013.
In this podcast Journalism.co.uk technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Alison Gow, editor of the Daily Post and DailyPost.co.uk, North Wales
- Aron Pilhofer, editor of interactive news, New York Times
- François Nel, founding director of the Journalism Leaders’ Programme at the University of Central Lancashire who also runs the MADE (media and digital enterprise) project
- John Barnes, managing director of digital and tech at Incisive Media and chair of the AOP (Association of Online Publishers)
- Mark Little, founder and chief executive of social news agency Storyful
- Raju Narisetti, managing editor, WSJ Digital Network, Wall Street Journal
- Stephen Pinches, group product manager for FT.com
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.Tags: 2013, Alison Gow, Aron Pilhofer, John Barnes, Mark Little, Podcast, Raju Narisetti, stephen pinches