The Times has picked up 12 nominations in the writing categories for this year’s Sports Journalism Awards, more than any other news outlet.
Chairman of the judges Jon Ryan said:
I don’t recall a time when so many of our judges have commented on the high quality of the entries. I am also delighted that the number of entries kept up during what has not been the easiest time for newspapers.
If you want to show anyone why newspapers are important, why they matter and why journalists should be respected for their writing, news reporting and investigative skills then you need to look no further than the SJA awards. I would like to thank our team of judges for their thoroughness and diligence in reaching their decisions.
The full shortlist can be found on the SJA website.
Tags: Awards, Jon Ryan, sports journalism, sports journalism awards, Sports Journalists Association, The Times
- NCTJ and PTC shortlists for new journalist awards released
- Amnesty International’s Media Awards open to entries, with digital innovation category
- Timetable for Press Awards announced
- Finalists of Online Journalism Awards announced
- Shortlist announced for 2011 Professional Publishers Association awards