Social news agency Storyful has published an ebook on social newsgathering.
It has been edited by Claire Wardle and includes articles previously posted on the Storyful blog.
The ebook is in PDF format and is free, allowing you to learn things such as how to spot a fake or hoax image, how to verify content from social media, and how and why your should use Twitter’s own version of TweetDeck.
The Storyful blog has become one of our favourite tips sites, with practical advice shared by working journalists on how to get the most out of social newsgathering. Save this PDF to your tablet or phone and your next train journey will be an educational one.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
Hat tip: Mark LittleTags: journalism tips, social newsgathering, Storyful, Top tips for journalists
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Give the new Tweetdeck a second chance
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Browser advice
- #Podcast – Tips and tools for sorting the social media chaos
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Twitter tools and ideas
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Learn from fake Hurricane Sandy pictures