The Associated Press and freelance photographer Mannie Garcia have settled a dispute over copyright of an iconic image of President Barack Obama, with both parties dropping their claims, reports the British Journal of Photography.
But the case involving artist Shepard Fairey, who claims he used the image to create his HOPE poster of the US leader, is yet to be settled or judged.
Tags: AP, Mannie Garcia, Photography, Shepard Fairey, us
- Photo Attorney: Who is right in the Fairey vs AP Obama photo case?
- Fifth International Photography Award open for entries
- BJP: The Independent apologises for Flickr ‘errors’
- Photography Is Not-A-Crime.com: images from the fourth plinth
- BJP: Photographers sue Met Police for treatment at Greek embassy protests