The National Audit Office’s (NAO) report into the BBC’s expenditure on its recent building projects – the redevelopment of Broadcasting House in London and the construction of Pacific Quay in Glasgow and Salford Quay in Greater Manchester – will be published on Thursday.
The report, which was commissioned by the BBC Trust, will be available in full on the Trust’s website and the NAO site from Thursday, it has been confirmed to Journalism.co.uk, despite reports suggesting it would be released today.
MediaGuardian anticipates the findings of the report at this link and claims the ‘West One’ development of Broadcasting House is already £59 million over its original £1 billion budget.
Tags: BBC, BBC Trust, Broadcasting House, National Audit Office, Pacific Quay, Salford Quay, West One
- Online advertising spend tops £4bn after 12.8% rise
- Less than half of BBC breakfast team confirm Salford move
- Media Release: BBC Trust approves BBC budget for 2009/10
- MPs’ expenses data will be officially released Thursday but how much will be edited out?
- MediaGuardian: Independent News & Media falls into the red