To celebrate its 100th NewsU Webinar back in February 2011, the Poynter Institute put on a webinar in which 15 presenters give ideas, tips or lessons on a range of topics.
For the last two and a half years the tips were only available to buy as a book from the Poynter website, but NewsU, a Poynter project, recently uploaded the videos of the webinar to YouTube for the world to watch.
The two videos are an hour each but it’s worth setting aside the time as they “provide great advice on reporting, writing and editing; leadership, management and entrepreneurship; visual journalism; and multimedia, digital tools and social media.”Tags: advice, journalism tips, poynter, Video
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – breaking news online
- #Tip: 5 ways to better cultivate sources
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on mobile reporting
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Seven steps for building an online community
- Mashable: Five tools to better time your tweets