Global News Enterprises has expanded its editorial and executive teams ahead of its official launch in January 2009.
The web-based news organisation has made a host of appointments to further its aim of providing daily international news coverage from internationally-based correspondents:
- Thomas Mucha has been named managing editor and will oversee Global News’ body of correspondents and its multimedia operations. He will also contribute to special features and reporting projects, and pen a weekly column on global business.
- Former deputy managing editor of Politico Barbara Martinez becomes managing editor for the web.
- Andrew Meldrum has been hired as senior editor and regional editor for Africa.
- Amy Jeffries takes on the role of webmaster and will be responsible for technical aspects of the website and the implementation of multimedia content. Jeffries was previously a reporter and producer for WNPR, Connecticut Public Radio and a freelance reporter for Frontline World Online.
The organisation has also named James Wooster as business manager and Richard Byrne as its new director of communications and marketing, it said in a press release.
Tags: africa, Amy Jeffries, Andrew Meldrum, Barbara Martinez, business manager, Connecticut Public Radio, deputy managing editor, director, director of communications and marketing, freelance reporter, Global News Enterprises, James Wooster, Management Change, Managing Editor, managing editor for the web, Politico Barbara Martinez, producer for WNPR, reporter and producer, Richard Byrne, senior editor and regional editor, senior editor and regional editor for Africa, Thomas Mucha, web-based news organisation, webmaster, WNPR
- ProPublica hires T. Christian Miller, Dan Nguyen and Lisa Schwartz, completes staffing
- Twelve new journalism and media jobs this week on Journalism.co.uk
- BBC tracks shipping container in multimedia news experiment
- Twenty-five new vacancies this week on the Journalism.co.uk jobs board
- Twenty-eight new media, PR, communications and editorial vacancies this week on Journalism.co.uk