Pat Thornton reports that funding for the site he edits, BeatBlogging – part of the NewAssignment.net project will cease on September 1.
“The fate of BeatBlogging.Org is undecided for now. I can at least assure you that the site will not be going away, as it is too strong of a new media brand to let die or even languish,” he writes.
beatblogging, BeatBlogging.org, editor, Jay Rosen, NewAssignment.net, NYU, Pat Thornton, social media
“Being the editor of BeatBlogging.Org has been a great ride. I’ve learned a lot about how beat reporters are adapting to the web, how social media is changing journalism and where journalism is heading.
“Working with NYU’s Jay Rosen has been a great learning experience. It’s very invigorating to work with someone who is interested in answering, “what’s next?” And in journalism, that’s the No. 1 question we all must answer.
“What’s next for me? I don’t know yet. I hope to be able to contribute to the search for journalism next.”
- Beatblogging.org: Globe and Mail/Reuters using Twitter photos of China riots
- BeatBlogging.Org puts out a call for all journalists on Twitter
- Elise Hu: Future of context at SXSW
- Beatblogging.org: BreakingTweets – a breaking news service for Twitter
- BeatBlogging.org: ‘Mini experts in a major network’ at AllVoices.com