The BBC is not planning more local expansion online and is not in competition with regional publishers websites, Helen Boaden, director of BBC News, told the Oxford Media Convention yesterday.
According to Brand Republic, the corporation is seeking partnerships online and will not encroach on regional news group’s territory, whether its regional, local or hyperlocal.BBC, Helen Boaden, OMC, OMC10, Oxford Media Convention
- BBC review of online activities: a better deal for local media?
- SoE08: What next for local media?
- LGEO Research: Where do local authorities fit in the hyperlocal media landscape?
- BBC could share more technology with S4C/Trinity Mirror in Wales, says Trust chairman
- BBC Trust’s dilemma over local video plans