If you’ve got the time, you can follow the live updates from the International Online Journalism Symposium at UT Austin in Texas, via the event’s live-stream (you have to download the relevant plug-in).
Alfred Hermida is updating after sessions over at Reportr.net. Here’s his post from the first panel:’The search for a business model for journalism‘.
Tags: Alfred Hermida, business model for journalism ', international online journalism symposium 2009, Online Journalism Symposium, Online Journalism Symposium If, Paul Steiger, Reportr.net, Texas, UT Austin
- FT.com: ProPublica and the realities of non-profit news
- #news2011: ProPublica model ‘not feasible’ as commercial venture, says editor-in-chief
- ProPublica editor-in-chief on a changed world: ‘Investigative reporting in the web era’
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Set up a custom site search in Alfred
- ProPublica figures reveal several half a million dollar salaries