New online noticeboard, n0tice, which is owned by the Guardian Media Group, today announced the launch of an advertising platform which will enable noticeboard owners to earn revenue.
According to a post on the site, which also enables community groups, individuals, hyperlocals and bloggers to post announcements, event information and local news, noticeboard “owners” can now “earn revenue by selling featured positions for classified listings or ‘offers’.”
Outlining the model n0tice says owners will take an 85 per cent revenue cut, while the platform gets the remaining 15 per cent.
Posting an offer on a noticeboard is self-serve and free for n0tice participants. Offers can then be upgraded to a Featured placement for £1/day (or the equivalent base-level regional currency). Featured positioning includes both a visual enhancement and priority ranking on the page.
Alongside the new revenue platform, n0tice also announced the addition of other new features in today’s post, including geoRSS and the ability for each user to have a number of noticeboards.
Tags: community, n0tice, noticeboard, The Guardian
- Hyperlocals can now create noticeboards using the Guardian’s n0tice
- Guardian’s n0tice launches Facebook sharing app
- Guardian hyperlocal platform n0tice now open to all
- New Guardian community platform n0tice invites more users
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try creating a crowdmap with n0tice