Some magazine publishers started producing video more than 10 years ago, creating DVDs to attach to the front of magazines. Now many are producing hundreds of online videos a year.
Audiences are watching the films on the publishers’ own sites, on YouTube, and within apps; viewing on desktop computers, tablets, mobile phones and connected TVs.
In this podcast we hear from:
- Pete Wootton, managing director of Dennis Interactive, the digital division of Dennis Publishing
- Grant Bremner, head of Future TV at Future (which has titles including T3, TechRadar and Future Music)
- Kevin Perry, assistant editor of NME.com (owned by IPC Media), who also manages the music title’s video content
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Tags: connected tv, Dennis Publishing, Future Publishing, grant bremner, kevin perry, NME.COM, online video, pete wootton, Podcast
- #Podcast – Apple Newsstand success stories: Future, Dennis and Conde Nast
- #jpod: How Apple’s Newsstand is revolutionising the publishing industry
- #jpod – Celebrating Local Newspaper Week: Innovations in digital at the regionals
- #Podcast – Discussing user experience and news site design
- LinkedIn Europe managing director talks about forming new publishing partnerships