An increasing number of news outlets are using the Google+ Hangout On Air feature to involve their community both as participants in the video broadcast and as viewers. On Air hangouts are broadcast live on YouTube as well as on Google+.
If you would like to follow suit, here is a video hangout explaining how to host a Hangout On Air (HOA). It is hosted by Sarah Hill.
In this HOA, France 24, KOMU-TV, KRNV-TV, WSPA-TV, developers and independent Journalists share tips, tricks and tools on how to host your own Hangout On Air.
This 10 person video chat room is fueling a journalism renaissance as it’s a collaborative space bringing together developers with traditional and independent journalists.
Tipster: Mike Downes (via Google+)
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
Tags: Google Plus, google+ hangout on air, journalism tips, mike downes
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – hosting Google+ Hangouts On Air
- #Tip: Keep an eye out for the launch of Google Capture for Hangouts
- #Podcast – Google+ at one: Lessons from Time.com and FT.com
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Watch Storyful’s Hangout on verifying Sandy footage
- #Tip: Learn pro tips for community engagement with this Google+ Hangout