A useful analysis from the States that tackles some of the tricky ground for non-profit journalistic endeavours.
mediashift, non-profit journalism, stephen ward
How can such centers and networks, with their many types of journalists, agree on editorial standards and practices? How can non-profit enterprises be independent if they are closer to, and more dependent on, a small number of supporters? This puts power in the hands of donors.
- TechCrunch: Review of new crowd-funded journalism project Global For Me
- How Do: New north west newspaper boosts print run
- Index on Censorship: Iran’s Green Movement will be reborn in ‘small media’
- Beatblogging.org: Not-for-profit MinnPost news site raises $13,190 in micro-donations
- Jeff Jarvis: ‘The fate of journalism is not in the hands of institutions’