In this week’s Journalism.co.uk podcast technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to key industry figures about the skills journalists need in today’s digital newsroom.
She speaks to:
- Steve Herrmann, editor, BBC News Online
- Alison Gow, editor of the Daily Post and DailyPost.co.uk, North Wales
- Aron Pilhofer, editor of interactive news, New York Times
- Mark Little, founder and chief executive of social news agency Storyful
The four share their advice on the skills needed, explaining why a journalist needs to be a jack of all trades, and tell us whether or not shorthand is still a required skill.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Tags: Alison Gow, Aron Pilhofer, Mark Little, skills, Steve Herrmann, Training
- #Podcast – Tips and tools for sorting the social media chaos
- #Podcast: Industry experts share predictions for digital journalism in 2013
- #jpod: Lessons from the NY Times and Guardian in managing reader comments
- #Podcast – What journalists should know about App.net
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read Storyful’s new ebook on social newsgathering