This podcast looks at how to secure your computer to protect both yourself and your sources.
Security experts and an investigative journalist outline the dangers and offer solutions.
They explain how journalists can communicate securely by email, safely store information on a computer, and they share advice on preventing a Twitter account hack.
Sarah Marshall, technology editor at Journalism.co.uk, speaks to:
- Lyra McKee, investigative journalist and founder of The Muckraker, an investigative news blog for Northern Ireland
- Brian Honan, an independent security consultant at BH Consulting
- Daniel Cuthbert, chief operating officer at information security firm Sensepost
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
You might like to read this guide on ‘how not to get your Twitter account hacked‘. It has advice from Daniel Cuthbert.
Tags: brian honan, daniel cuthbert, hacking, lyra mckee, Podcast, security, sensepost
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read this advice on internet security
- How not to get your Twitter account hacked
- #Podcast – How news publishers are branching out into the ebook market
- #jpod – Dying for the story: Citizen journalism and the Arab spring
- #Podcast – Tips and tools for sorting the social media chaos