App of the week: Snapseed
Phones: iPhone / iPad
What is it? A photo editing app that allows you to crop, straighten and enhance images from your phone.
How is it of use to journalists? It’s useful to be able to edit images on the fly, whether adding to a blog post, news story or sharing on social media.
The app has functions, including to allow you to crop, sharpen and straighten images; alter brightness, contrast, white balance; change to black and white, and add effects.
Snapseed also offers a desktop app (both for Mac and Windows) priced at £13.99 / €15.95.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
Tags: app for journalists, ipad apps, iphone apps, snapseed
- App of the week for journalists: FiLMiC Pro, for manual control when filming on iPhone
- People aren’t black or white, they’re human, says Rutgers professor
- App of the week for journalists – Photoshop Express, for photo editing on the fly
- App of the week for journalists: Viddy, like Instagram for video
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – edit videos in YouTube