A number of new digital journalism outfits entering the market today first test the waters by setting up crowdfunding campaigns, such as on platforms like Kickstarter or Indiegogo. Not only does this help give the projects an immediate idea of response to the proposition, but, if effective, can help to cover the initial costs at the same time. The International Journalists’ Network recently shared some advice from those who have run such campaigns, on how best to approach the task.
Tags: crowdfunding, fundraising, IndieGoGo, journalism tips, kickstarter, revenue
- #Tip: Advice for journalists using LinkedIn
- #Tip: Delivering short data video with ‘datavines’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – reporting on the entertainment industry
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on mobile reporting
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – online translation pointers