According to LAObserved.com, Mark Sudock, senior features editor at Fox 11 has written an open letter to Rupert Murdoch, pleading that he halts lay-offs at the Los Angeles-based station.
‘Please, please do everything possible to keep what the media has accurately described as the Fox 11 bloodbath from being realised’ Sudock begs.
Around 117 workers are to due to be made redundant at KTTV Fox 11, a LA news station part of the Fox News network and owned by News Corporation. Sudock writes to Murdoch:
fox 11, Fox 11 According, KTTV, kttv fox 11, Los Angeles, Los Angeles-based station, mark sudock, News Corporation, Rupert Murdoch, senior editor, senior features editor, the Fox News, USD
“The cuts are so severe that virtually no one remains on-site to technically maintain the facility. The cuts are so deep that our ability to cover the news as we did this past week (with pursuits, brush fires and the Michael Jackson funeral happening simultaneously) is in absolute jeopardy.
“Sir, if we believe the rumors, this station or the station group needs to save ten million dollars. These layoffs appear to be the solution. Please, Mr. Murdoch, see a bigger picture.”
- Malcolm Coles: Michael Jackson’s kids made the Daily Mail the most visited UK newspaper site in June
- The Latest Word: Rocky Mountain News cancels second funeral Twitter
- BNONews.com: NYTimes to cut 100 from newsroom
- Peston: BSkyB board to decide on Murdoch stand-down by end of week
- #Activateldn: Why Facebook is a key reporting tool for Zimbabwe’s SW Radio Africa