Over on his blog, Jon Slattery reports that Unicef took out adverts in the national press today to urge readers “to move the news agenda on from phone hacking” and instead be alert to the famine in parts of southern Somalia.
advert, famine, Jon Slattery, phone hacking, Somalia, Unicef
The ad, in the form of a letter from UNICEF UK executive director David Bull, states: “I am writing for your support in moving the news agenda on. The story about phone hacking does matter, but there’s another, far bigger and vital story that’s going unreported.”
- #jpod in depth: Reporting the phone hacking scandal
- The Guardian: Met asks News of the World for new phone-hacking evidence
- MediaGuardian: Max Clifford plans legal action over NOTW phone hacking
- Comment is Free: Phone hacking – select committee must move quickly, says Paul Farrelly
- MediaGuardian: Phone records suggest 100 accounts hacked by NOTW