Alan Mutter asks, why has there been so little coverage of the detention of Current TV journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee by their own news organisation?
While NPR has pledged to highlight the case of its contributor, the jailed US-Iranian journalist Roxana Saberi, other cases are not aided by media attention, according to Joel Simon, executive director of the Committee to Protect Journalists.
Tags: Alan Mutter, Current TV, Euna Lee, executive director of the Committee, joel simon, journalist, Laura Ling, media attention, NPR, Roxana Saberi, United States
- CPJ: Call for freedom for detained journalists after releases from Libya and Iran
- CPJ: Maguindanao death toll worst for press in recent history
- CPJ and Russian media outlets challenge ‘climate of impunity’ after latest attack
- CPJ: 141 attacks on journalists and news facilities in Egypt since 30 Jan
- CJR: A ‘new threat’ to Middle East journalism – created in the US