Rob Campbell reports on the AJE conference on journalism education and entrepreneurship:
Meet Danny, Jack and James, of Little White Lies , Bad Idea , and London-Se1. They are young journalism entrepreneurs, who recently shared their thoughts with journalism lecturers at the January seminar of the AJE . Delegates also heard about Goldsmith College’s East London Lines start-up, and about the way students are working with a hyperlocal news site in Newcastle. And the icing on the cake (more icing later) was a skype chat with Jeff Jarvis speaking from his desk at CUNY.
Tags: Add new tag, City University of New York, entrepreneur, Jeff Jarvis, Journalism, little white lies
- NewsInnovation.com: Jarvis on entrepreneurial journalism
- #facethefuture: Coventry University to discuss challenges facing digital journalists
- Journal Local: Birmingham journalism students launch hyperlocal news agency
- Online Journalism Blog: SE1′s James Hatts on Hyperlocal Voices
- Long-form proves popular on new university hyperlocal site