How frequently should news organisations post to Facebook? How often should the headline of a news story be tweeted? Why do some of your Facebook fans get to see your stories and others do not?
Three experts in social media optimisation (SMO) have the answers.
In this podcast Journalism.co.uk technology correspondent Sarah Marshall talks to Jeff Widman, co-founder of PageLever, an Facebook analytics company used by four of the top 10 Facebook pages; Jiri Voves, co-founder of Socialbakers, which aims to be the top provider of Facebook statistics; and Leo Widrich, co-founder of Buffer.
Tags: buffer, edge rank, Facebook, pagelever, social media optimisation, social media strategies, socialbakers, Twitter
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Why Facebook comments are worth more than likes
- Mashable: How to work out the best time to post on your Facebook page
- Social media bar for WordPress acquired by sharing tool Buffer
- Tool of the week for journalists – Buffer, for scheduling tweets
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: timing your Facebook posts