Following Friday’s NUJ meeting at the Guardian, which confirmed a pay freeze for 2009, the National Union of Journalists has released a statement reminding managers at the Guardian Media Group that they are obliged to enter negotiations with the union.
date, Guardian Media Group, National Union, National Union of Journalists, nuj, The Guardian
“It has been reported that management are not open to consultation on the pay freeze, but under the union’s agreements with the company consultation must take place.
“The company has stated that the economic downturn means it can’t afford to increase salaries this year. It has also announced that most executive bonuses won’t be paid.”
- Newsquest: An update on the reported pay freeze thaw
- 13.2 jobs could go at Trinity Mirror’s Media Wales; NUJ members to hold strike ballot
- Union seeks ‘substantial’ above-inflation pay rise for BBC staff
- NUJ members at Newsquest submit claim for 5 to 8% pay rise
- Newsquest York journalists seal pay deal