The New Statesman’s Dan Hodges claims to have obtained an email sent on behalf of Ed Miliband’s director of strategy Tom Baldwin to all shadow cabinet teams.
The email reportedly
warns Labour spokespeople to avoid linking hacking with the BSkyB bid, to accept ministerial assurances that meetings with Rupert Murdoch are not influencing that process and to ensure that complaints about tapping are made in a personal, not shadow ministerial, capacity.
Tags: BskyB bid, dan hodges, ed miliband, Labour Party, phone hacking, tom baldwin
- Chris Bryant apologises for Murdoch-Cameron meetings claim
- paidContent:UK: Guardian’s paywall warning ‘sounds like B.S’ to Murdoch
- FT.com: Murdoch takes lead in race for Travel Channel
- Rupert Murdoch’s first day at #Leveson in his own words
- The only place you’ll find mention of newspaper phone hacking on the Sun website…