Journalism.co.uk consulting editor Colin Meek (@colinmeek) found himself stranded recently in Oslo, Norway but was rescued thanks to some nifty footwork by Kristine Lowe and an online project from Norwegian news site VG.no entitled Hitchhikers Central.
Colin was in Oslo to give, among other things, an evening presentation to the Norwegian Online News Association (NONA). Colin, when he’s not advising on Journalism.co.uk’s editorial board, is an investigative journalist and trainer in advanced online research skills (his next one-day, open course is in London Tuesday 15 June 2010). Here are some of the tips he shared with our Norwegian colleagues:
Tags: Colin Meek, consulting editor, Entertainment/Culture, Europe, Geography, investigative journalist, Journalism.co.uk, Kristine Lowe, London, news site, Norway, Norwegian Online News Association, online project, online research skills, Oslo
- Ta-da! Insite goes live – a brand new online research website
- #socialweb: Web 3.0 – the social web (video)
- #followjourn: @kristinelowe/media journalist
- How Norwegian newspaper site is helping stranded travellers get home
- Video: USAToday.com designer Juan Thomassie talks interactives at Norwegian conference