Christian Science Monitor reports on a worrying mistake:
Christian Science Monitor, Faisal Shahzad, Huffington Post, The Huffington Post
Earlier today, as news of the alleged identity of the would-be Times Square bomber rocketed around the web, a reporter at the Huffington Post published a screen shot from the Facebook page of a man named Faisal Shahzad. It made sense: Shahzad, a Shelton, Conn., resident, had been identified by law enforcement after he was hauled off an airplane preparing to depart Kennedy Airport. But the Huffington Post got the wrong Faisal Shahzad – a fact noted by several bloggers, including Glen Runciter of Gawker.
- Bloomberg: Interview with Arianna Huffington as HuffPost eyes first profits
- Times Online: Reporter ejected from BNP meeting
- Nick Denton: Gawker revenues up 45 per cent in first half of 2009
- Washington Post: ‘Whiny WashPost Reporter Makes His Point: Respect the Genuine Article’
- Forbes.com: Did mainstream media ignore the AT&T iPad hack story?