#Podcast – A look at the new Windows 8 apps from the New York Times, Financial Times and other outlets
Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system launched last night and today the Windows Store opened for business.
This podcast looks at three different news publishers that have today launched apps in the Windows Store.
Sarah Marshall, technology editor, Journalism.co.uk speaks to:
- Alexandra Hardiman, director, mobile products, New York Times
- Chris Smith, product manager, Financial Times
- Chris Took, sales director, PageSuite, the company behind the app technology for the Daily and Sunday Express, Daily Star and Daily Star Sunday, OK! Magazine, Star Magazine and New! Magazine
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.Tags: Alexandra Hardiman, Chris Smith, chris took, Financial Times, New York Times, northern & shell, windows 8, windows store
- #jpod: Why publishers are ‘excited’ about Windows 8 tablets
- NUJ chapel demands ‘end to the insecurity and uncertainty’ at Express newspaper titles
- Lone Star defies downward trend in revised ABC results
- #Podcast – Then and now: Two years of the New York Times paywall
- #Podcast – Lessons in podcasting from The Times, Economist and SoundCloud