In this article Chris Mooney sees similarities between grievances in the recent Writers Guild strike in Los Angeles and problems facing bloggers.
The strike after all, he writes, was about the impact of online on the screen and television writing industry: writers seeking compensation for their work as its disseminated across a range of platforms.
Could a Bloggers Guild be set up and put to action in similar circumstances?
Tags: Bloggers Guild, blogs, Chris Mooney, Columbia Journalism Review, Los Angeles, United States, USA, Writers Guild
- MediaGuardian: Former Al Jazeera executive loses discrimination case
- Pay cuts and Twitter policy leave Thomson Reuters facing union action in US
- British Guild of Travel Writers’ competition for unpublished writers
- Guild of Health Writers announces awards winners
- Huffington Post: Exploitation claim is ‘wrong and offensive’