This podcast hears from three news outlets that have adopted a mobile-first approach.
It focuses on Circa, a mobile news application which you can read more about here; Breaking News, a mobile-first startup owned by NBC Digital which started out as the @BreakingNews Twitter feed; and Metro, which announced its mobile-first strategy in November.
Journalism.co.uk technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- David Cohn, director of news, Circa
- Cory Bergman, general manager, Breaking News
- Jamie Walters, product development director, Metro
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Tags: breakingnews, circa, Cory Bergman, David Cohn, jamie walters, Metro, mobile-first, Podcast
- #Podcast: Tips from Metro and NME on managing a Facebook page
- #Podcast – Lessons in podcasting from The Times, Economist and SoundCloud
- #Podcast – How iPhones to ‘green screen Nokias’ are being used for mobile journalism
- #jpod – Celebrating Local Newspaper Week: Innovations in digital at the regionals
- #Podcast: What skills do journalists need in the newsroom of 2013?