This podcast looks at how health data can be a source of stories.
We hear how journalists are using information obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, scientific reports and open data as sources.
Journalism.co.uk technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Deborah Cohen, investigations editor, British Medical Journal
- Francine Bennett, chief executive and data scientist, Mastodon C
- Paul Bradshaw, university lecturer and founder of Help Me Investigate
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.Tags: bmj, british medical journal, Data journalism, deborah cohen, francine bennett, health journalism, help me investigate, investigative journalism, mastodon c, Paul Bradshaw, Podcast
- #Podcast – What journalists should know about App.net
- #Podcast: Three approaches to data journalism in Latin America
- #Podcast – Lessons in online video for local, niche, national and international publishers
- #jpod – Personalising the news experience: Publishers and social reader apps
- #Podcast: New ventures in interactive video