The BBC College of Journalism website features a video focused on advice for journalists on working with numbers and best practice on covering statistics accurately.
The video features a series of interviews with those experienced in the world of statistics, including chair of the UK Statistics Authority Andrew Dilnot; the BBC’s business editor Robert Peston; the BBC’s home editor Mark Easton; BBC economics editor Stephanie Flanders and national statistician of the UK Statistics Authority Jil Matheson.
For more on this subject, Journalism.co.uk last year published this guide on ‘how to correctly report numbers in the news’.
Tags: BBC College of Journalism, journalism tips, numbers, statistics
- FT.com on Robert Peston: the characters shouldn’t get bigger than the brand
- thisismoney.co.uk: Michael Howard demands FSA investigation of Peston reports
- Peston to tackle audience questions in TV debate
- Gillian Tett at the Frontline Club: tonight 7.30pm GMT
- SoE08: Robert Peston on the media’s role in the economic crisis