Journalism is one of those industries where the very best jobs are rarely advertised. Whether you are just looking to get a foot on the ladder or your favourite publication is openly looking for applicants, your CV needs to be well prepared and eye-catching to stand out from the rest.
Over on the JournoGrads website, BBC broadcaster John Fernandez has shared his tips on CV writing that are well worth checking out. And remember, should your CV grab an editor’s attention they will Google you, so take a look at our five tips for building a personal brand to make sure your online profile is positive.
Tags: advice, cv, job, Journalism, tips
- 10,000 Words: It helps to remember the ‘person’ in ‘personal branding’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – How to shorten the URL to your Google+ profile
- #Tip: Remember these tips on getting sources to open up
- #Tip of the day for journalists – online branding pointers
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – tips on Google Wave